Green is in our name. Being environmentally friendly for us is an attitude that lasts from the very beginning of the planning of hotel concept and building all the way to the last use building in the distant future.
Most of the work done is under the surface; details in the room, ease of maintenance of the building, building controls joined with reservation, layout and durable materials are only a few examples. We also use renewable energy and 0 % CO2-electricity.
We are proud to have been accepted to partner with ENO Environment Online- school for environmental learning, UNESCO MAB -program(Man & Biosphere), eCars - Now! and "Ilmastotori"-environmental initiative with the city of Joensuu. We received Tripadvisor Greenleader - certification in 2016. Last but certainly not the least we have received Nordic Ecolabel certification which guides our everyday work ( renewed 11/2014).
- Towel rack switched on by check-in
- Low - energy fridge and led- lightning
- Eco - elevator saves energy
- Energy saving window in each of the rooms
- Digital lighting controls help to save electricity
- Bathrooms are designed for GreenStar and save water
- Eco - faucets
Easy to use
- Friendly staff at reception to help you until the evening
- 24/7 reservation and check - in kiosk in the lobby
- Multipurpose rooms 1-3 adults + kids
Life circle and sustainable development
- Wooden furniture made to last
- GreenStar eSmart Electric car made 2009 with eCars - Now!
- Recycling stations are on the 1.st floor
- Energy Globe Award / ENO -Online