GreenStar Hotel Joensuu
Services and the travel centre are close by.
Borrow a bike for free
Get around easily.
The hotel offers internet access for guests.
Complimentary organic coffee
Locally roasted coffee. Organic tea also available.
GreenStar Hotel Joensuu is located in the city centre. The hotel has 98 rooms, which are for 2+1 persons. GreenStar Hotel Jyväskylä is located in the city centre. You can book breakfast and parking for an additional charge.
Torikatu 16, Joensuu 80100
+358 10 423 9390
Reception opening hours:
Restaurant Breakfast & Lunch located on the first floor of the hotel offers breakfast for our clients every morning:
At the breakfast table you will find fresh juices, hot coffee and tea, and a good selection of snacks. On weekends selection on the breakfast table is a bit wider.
Breakfast costs €12.00 when pre-ordered and €13.00 when ordered at the hotel. Children (4–12 yrs) 8,00 € and 0–4-year-olds eat free. For customers with contract we offer breakfast for reduced price. Please note that breakfast is not automatically included in the hotel price. However, you can always pre-order breakfast when you book your room.
- Completely digitally designed hotel building. Paper wasn’t used in the design process.
- The first hotel in Finland to receive the new Swan label (Swan label. 4055 0012 hotels and guesthouses, renewed 11/2014). The first hotel in North Karelia to receive the Swan label.
- The hotel furnishings is made out of Finnish wood by Finnish companies.
- Joensuu’s first electric car charging point (Liikennevirta) and the only Tesla charging point in Joensuu.
- The Solnet solar power plant on the roof.
- Finland’s first hotel booking engine, the world’s first cloud-based booking engine.
- Heating: Fortum’s green eco-energy, 100% carbon-free district heating.
- Electricity: green electricity contract Nordic Green Energy/White electricity (zero carbon).
- Water consumption: approx. 100l/guest/day (including water consumption in the restaurant)
- The hotel started calculating its carbon footprint in 2016 as a part of a pilot project by Keli PK and the Finnish Environment Institute (Syke).
- Cleaning service with the Swan label.
- The hotel got its own electric car in 2010.
The Hotel where it all started …
When we opened our very first hotel in 2008, environmental issues and climate change weren’t such hot topics yet. Therefore, our GreenStar Hotel Joensuu had the honour of being the first in many aspects: the first North Karelian hotel to obtain the Nordic Swan Ecolabel and the first hotel in Joensuu to provide charging points for electric cars. GreenStar Hotel Joensuu is also the first city hotel in the world participating in the UNESCO’s Man and the Biosphere Programme (MAB).
North Karelian hospitality and warmth, and the closeness of nature form the very heart of the GreenStar Hotel chain. And naturally the feeling is vividly present in Joensuu, the capital city of North Karelia.
One of the specialities of GreenStar Hotel Joensuu is our partner restaurant Breakfast & Lunch, serving a fresh breakfast daily consisting mainly of organic and locally produced ingredients.
Yes, sure! You can arrive at any time without a reservation – the front doors are open. If our reception is closed, you can book a room online (use our Wi-Fi if you need an internet connection) and then check in using our self-serve check-in machine at the hotel.
Yes. Our wireless network is at the disposal of our guests free of charge. The network is open so you don’t need a password to connect to it.
Yes. We accept Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro, Mastercard, Diners Club International as a payment. You can also pay by cash.
Yes. There's a parking option in a garage next to the hotel and also a couple of outside parking spots. You can pay at the reception. Price is 12€/day.
Arriving late? Not a problem.
You can book your room online and arrive at the hotel when you want.