Book a room - GreenStar Hotel Vaasa
GreenStar Hotel Vaasa is located in the city center, just a short walk away from the Vaasa market square. The hotel has 98 rooms. You can book breakfast, parking and extra beds for children separately.
About the hotel
Reception opening hours:
- Checking in and out: Check-in 15.00, check-out 12.00.
- Getting here: The hotel is located 400m from Vaasa rail and bus station, 800m from Vaasa main square and 10km from the airport.
- Parking: Guests can park in the partially covered car park. Some of the parking spaces have electric sockets. There is also an electric charging station (Tesla and Liikennevirta).It is not possible to pre-book a parking space.They will be filled on a first-come, first-served basis. Parking costs €8.00 per day. You can access some of the parking spaces without a key card. To access the covered parking spaces, please get a key card from reception first.
Breakfast is served every morning on the ground floor as follows:
The table is set with refreshing juices, fresh coffee and tea as well as a balanced selection of food to give you a great start to your day. We also offer freshly ground organic coffee from our local partner Tinto Roastery. In the near future, we are looking to complement our selection with a wider range of locally sourced organic products.
Breakfast costs €9.00 when pre-ordered and €10.00 when ordered at the hotel. Children (4–13 yrs) are half price and 0–3-year-olds eat free. Please note that breakfast is not automatically included in the hotel price. However, you can always pre-order breakfast when you book your room.
- Our hotel building was built on a small plot as space-efficiently as possible.
- We used a local construction company, a Finnish interior designer and Finnish wood.
- The hotel has energy-efficient LED lights.
- Naava green wall.
- We also have a moss wall in reception, created by Euroflora from Mustasaari.
- The hotel carpet is 63 % recycled material.
- Nordic Ecolabel will be applied for in 2020.
- Heating: green, emission-free district heating (waste heat, condensation water)
- Electricity:green and emission-free electricity from Nordic Green Energy
- We are currently looking for local and organic partners to provide us with new breakfast items. Our coffee partner is Tinto Roastery, a local roastery.
- We are investigating the possibility of establishing a climate partnership with the city of Vaasa
More useful information
A new city hotel in the growing center of the North
GreenStar Hotel Vaasa was opened on 1 January 2020, so its story has only just begun…
The fourth GreenStar Hotel is the most recent masterpiece in our green hotel chain. It operates with green and emission-free electricity and district heating. All our beds, the paints and detergents used as well as our cleaning services have the Nordic Swan Ecolabel. The timber used in our building is all Finnish and the upholstery fabrics are recycled.
There is much to see and do in and around Vaasa! Check out the Visit Vaasa website for sightseeing tips and the best restaurants in town. Those who love live music should also check out the upcoming events organized at WS Arena. For those coming from or traveling to Sweden, we recommend Wasaline whose M/S Wasa Express ferry transports passengers between Umeå and Vasa.
Can I arrive at the hotel without a reservation?
Yes, sure! You can arrive at any time without a reservation – the front doors are open. If our reception is closed, you can book a room online (use our Wi-Fi if you need an internet connection) and then check-in using our self-serve check-in machine at the hotel.
Is there free wi-fi at the hotel?
Yes. Ask our team at the reception if you need help using our network.
Can I pay my accommodation by card?
Yes. Yes. We accept Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro, Mastercard, Diners Club International as payment. Cash is also OK.