Book a room - GreenStar Hotel Lahti
Can I arrive at the hotel without a reservation?
Yes, it’s not a problem. You can arrive at any time without a reservation – the front doors are open. If our reception is closed, you can book a room online (use our Wi-Fi if you need an internet connection) and then check in using our self-serve check-in machine at the hotel.
Is there free Wi-Fi at the hotel?
Yes. Our wireless network is at the disposal of our guests free of charge. The network is open so you don’t need a password to connect to it.
Can I pay my accommodation by card?
Yes. We accept Visa, Visa Electron, Maestro, Mastercard, Diners Club International and Amex as payment. Cash is also OK.
About the hotel
- Reception open: mon-thu 8.00-22.00, fri-sat 8.00-00.00, sun 8.00-20.00.
- Checking in and out: Check-in from 15:00, check-out by 12 noon.
- Getting here: The hotel is easy to access regardless of whether you arrive by car or public transport. The rail and bus station is next to the hotel. The city center is just a quick walk from the hotel.
- Parking: A parking area for guests is located in the courtyard of the hotel. It is equipped with electric sockets and an electric car charging station. You cannot pre-book parking online – just drive in, park, and pay for your parking using the self-service machine located near the hotel entrance. Parking costs €6.00 per day.
Breakfast is served on floor 2 as follows:
Breakfast costs €9.00 when pre-ordered and €10.00 when ordered at the hotel. Children (4–13 yrs) are half price and 0–3-year-olds eat free. Please note that breakfast is not automatically included in the hotel price. However, you can always pre-order breakfast when you book your room.
Breakfast is made and served by our à la carte restaurant.
- The hotel became GreenStar Hotel Lahti in the latter part of 2019, so its operations and solutions are currently under development. Our aim is to make the hotel greener every month and year, and we will report on our progress on this website.
- Solar panels to be installed in 2020.
- Nordic Ecolabel to be re-applied for in 2020.
- Heating: provided by the local district heating company, Lahti Energia. Lahti Energia stopped using coal during the summer of 2019. The new district heating plant uses logging residue chips and forest industry side streams as fuel. We are currently working on a plan to move towards emission-free heating.
- Electricity: Nordic Green Energy, emission-free electricity.
- GreenStar Hotel Lahti is a member of the Lahti climate partnerships network. We have committed to achieving 10–20% savings in both energy as well as water consumption.
More useful information
The event hotel that turned a new, green leaf
Carefully managed, centrally located and equipped with the Nordic Swan Ecolabel, this hotel became even greener in 2019 when it joined the GreenStar Hotel chain.
The GreenStar Hotel Lahti is a local landmark at its central locationclose to the Lahti Travel Centre, the transport hub for local and long-distance bus and train services.
Some of the hotel’s intriguing details: