Book a room - GreenStar Hotel Jyväskylä
GreenStar Hotel Jyväskylä is located in the city centre. The hotel has 107 rooms, which are for 2+1 persons. The room price is always the same, regardless of the number of guests. You can book breakfast and parking for an additional charge.
About the hotel
Reception opening hours:
- WiFi: There is a free internet connection available for the guests. The network is open, so you can connect to it without a password.
- Checking in and out: Check-in klo 15.00, check-out klo 12.00 noon.
- Getting here: The hotel is located just 300m away from Jyväskylä rail and bus station.
- Parking: The hotel has a covered parking area with an electric car charging station. Parking must be booked separately and costs €8.00 per day. To use the car park, you must get a parking permit from reception. There are parking spaces in front of the hotel where you can leave your car for up to two hours using a parking disc, so please park there for the check-in.
Breakfast is served every morning on the ground floor as follows:
The core of our breakfast offering consists of locally produced, organic products. The coffee is brought to us by Paahtimo Papu, and our tea comes from Teeleidi. Bread buns and rye bread is baked by bakery Palokan Perinneleipurit. Sheep sausages and jams come from theHakamaasheep farm. In addition, we offer a selection of sliced meats and cheese as well as refreshing juices.
Breakfast costs €9.00 when pre-ordered and €10.00 when ordered at the hotel. Children (4–13 yrs) are half price and 0–3-year-olds eat free. Please note that breakfast is not automatically included in the hotel price. However, you can always pre-order breakfast when you book your room.
- A partially unused, energy-inefficient and outdated building was thoroughly renovated when it became GreenStar. With an investment of over €4M, the building was not only modernized but also made environmentally sustainable. For example, all the windows were replaced. Heating, water and AC systems were updated.
- We are Nordic Ecolabel certified (Nordic Ecolabel 4055 0012 hotels and camping sites, renewed 11/2014).
- Paint, furniture and most of the surfaces used in the hotel are Nordic Ecolabel certified.
- The hotel carpet is 100% recycled – made of old fishing nets and plastic bottles.
- Solar panels were installed on the roof by Solnet.
- The showers are equipped with an “eco” mode that uses 20% less water.
- The hotel has energy-efficient LED lights and a Naavagreen wall.
More information and frequently asked questions
The green hotel in a green city
If an old office building was given a new life, what should it become? A green hotel, of course!
This is what we made happen in Jyväskylä. In 2018, we decided that this leading city of urban planning and the circular economy would be the perfect location for the second-ever GreenStar Hotel. We completely renovated the interior of an old office building. In July, GreenStar Hotel Jyväskylä opened for business.
The hotel’s atmosphere radiates clarity and serenity with its light colours and carefully chosen materials. The carpet used in the guest rooms is made from recycled fishing nets and plastic bottles. We are also proud to serve our guests organic tea and coffee provided by our local partners. Our delicious organic coffee is roasted for us by Paahtimo Papu, and our organic tea comes from Teeleidi. GreenStar Hotel Jyväskylä has obtained the Nordic Swan Ecolabel.
Do you have parking at the hotel?
There is a small, covered parking area on the basement-level floor of the hotel building. You can drive into it via the ramp, located next to the hotel main entrance. Our parking spaces are marked with a GreenStar Hotel sign. The parking area also has two charging points for electric cars (Virta and Tesla). The maximum height of the parking area is 3m, and we also have a few parking spaces outside the covered area. When checking in, please ask for a parking permit at reception and place it in your car so it is visible through the windscreen. The parking fee is €8.00 per 24 hours, payable at hotel reception. There are parking spaces for motorbikes downstairs, also available at the €8-per-24-hours fee. Some of our parking spaces are equipped with electric sockets, which you can use if you want to plug in your car during winter. We have a disabled parking area at street level. Beside the hotel there are three parking spaces for short-term parking of up to 3 hours with a parking disc. In these spaces parking overnight is prohibited.
If all our hotel’s parking spaces are occupied, you can park at the Matkakeskus Travel Centre parking hall 300 meters from the hotel. The parking fee (€14.50 per 24 hours) is payable at the parking machine in the hall.
Is there an entrance to the hotel directly from the basement-level parking area?
Unfortunately not. You can enter the hotel at street level from Heikinkatu. If you require an accessible entrance for e.g. a wheelchair or pushchair, our reception will provide you with a key for the accessible entrance, also located at the street level.
Are there refrigerators in all the guest rooms?
No (with the exception of some of our Large Triple Rooms). However, the three top floors of the hotel (2nd, 3rd and 4th floor) do have a kitchen where each room has a lockable compartment in the refrigerator.
Do all rooms have a window?
The hotel has 107 rooms, of which 96 have a window. The windowless rooms have lighting on the walls to create a spacious and peaceful atmosphere, a larger TV (55”), an armchair and a guarantee for undisturbed sleep as these rooms are extremely silent. Generally speaking, we always allocate all the room with windows to our guests first, but you can always ask for a windowless room at reception.
What services can I find near the hotel?
The Matkakeskus Travel Centre with long-distance bus and train services is about 300m from the hotel. The Jyväskylä Paviljonki convention centre and the nearest grocery shop (K-Market) are in the Lutakko district at about 300–400m from the hotel. Jyväskylä city centre is about 500m away.